Monday, May 5, 2008

Basic Truth

Broken dreams broken life, broken heart
No mending of her pain
In a thread

Three nails two hands two feet
Stained wood
Crimson red

How many nails does it take
To stop a man
From rising from the dead

He can heal her pain
He'll come back again

Angry mob, accusations, stones in hand
First stone never thrown
'Cause there is no pure man

Virgin girl, changed the world, birthed the Godman
Born to die
Life to you and I

Looking down, sees the crowd
Blind to their hate
He dies to lift the veils
For those who pound the nails

How can I look into the face of an enemy
And bless him as he spits at me

His love, His power, His strength
I can do all things
My spirit sings

His love never ends, is never more nor ever less
He gives me wings to fly
An eagle in the sky

He set me free, now I can see
There is only One
Who will always love me

Flavor of the day: Love

But because of His great love for us, God, who is rich in mercy, made us alive with Christ even when we were dead in transgressions-for it is by grace you have been saved. -Ephesians 2:4-6

No comments: