Monday, May 5, 2008

The Least Likely to Succeed

Judges 6-7 is a great read! Lots can be learned from Gideon. I see God working in the lives of His people prior to the coming of Christ just like He did during Christ's life on Earth and even today! I see how little mankind has changed and how we repeat the same mistakes over and over. I also see God coming in His glory and empowering His chosen ones for victory against great odds!

Gideon was the weakest member of the weakest clan. Yet, God chose him and led him into battle with only 300 soldiers!!!! (He chooses the weak because when we are weak we are strong.)

But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak then I am strong. -2 Corinthians 12:9-10

This is one of many incidences that supports my previous post regarding God's logic being so far beyond that of the human race! Three hundred soldiers faced an army that was as numerous as the grains of sand on the sea shore and they had victory! The one thing I found so intriguing about it all is that the enemy KNEW that the God of the Isrealites was all powerful and that they would be defeated by His army! And they were very much afraid!


Wow!

What if Christians were empowered like that today? What if God's power was so evident in us that even unbelievers knew that the Christian God was one that they need not mess around with?

I think the enemies in Gideon's time realized God's power more than many Christians of today....now that's convicting! What if we finally do get a clue? What if we all really and completely surrender to Him and let Him fight the battles for us? What kind of power would we have?

As believers, we have access to the same power that rose Christ from the dead! Problem is, most of us either don't believe it, don't understand it, don't know what to do with it, or we simply believe that it's just a metaphor and doesn't mean that we can actually do what God says we can do.

Flavor Shot for today:

But God chose the foolish things of the world to shame the wise; God chose the weak things of the world to shame the strong. -1 Corinthians 1:27

No comments: